Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A crab who was crabby

As if getting stung by a jellyfish while in Port A wasn't bad enough, after school today the hermit crab that we had bought Amanda at the beach clamped on to the palm of her hand and wouldn't let go.  He was all balled up in his shell holding on for dear life with his claws in Amanda's hand. Amanda was screaming at the top of her lungs and we could not get the darn thing to let go.  My mom turned white as a sheet and I got well, freaked out.  After many unsuccessful attempts to get it off while Amanda was crying and sweating I called 911.

I'm not going to ever call 911 again - not even if the house is on fire.  Don't get me wrong, I love fire fighters and have tremendous respect for them, it's just that one of them looked so much like my brother (tall, thin and handsome) and the emotion it evoked in me was overwhelming to say the least.  I just love them all.  They are our heros.  What would we do without them?  We're just less one awesome fire fighter whom I miss like there's no tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment