Thursday, May 7, 2009

Food labels that clearly state "Peanut Free"!



These pictures were sent to me by my wonderful friend and illustrator Diana who saw these products in her grocery store in Ontario, Canada.

They clearly state on the front of the box "Peanut-Nut Free".  How awesome would that be instead of looking for it on the back?  I don't know of one manufacturer in the U.S. that puts that on the front.  If you do, let me know.  I'll probably buy the products.  I know for sure it would make shopping for peanut free and nut free products so much easier.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, there! This is Michele from www.sweetalexis.com an allergy conscious bakery. Our logo says Dairy Free, Egg Free, Nut Free but we're going to alter them to include "Peanut Free" on the front as well. We were just at the Thrive Allergy Expo in Chicago and learned how important it was to specifically say "peanut free" so we're working on making that happen.

    I'm the mom of two children allergic to dairy, eggs, nuts, peanuts, and several others so I understand the trials and tribulations of coping. You can read our story at http://www.sweetalexis.com/index.php?view=page&pageId=2.

    If you'd like to try our products, use code "welcome" at checkout to receive 50% off your first order.

    Best, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how wonderful!!! I always read everything and take photos....and nice to hear more and more people are changing their thinking!!!

    ReplyDelete