Monday, September 27, 2010

Having a peanut allergy is a terrible thing to live with

My daughter, Amanda is so severely allergic to peanuts that she can't even have a trace amount or she will go into anaphylactic shock.  I could have she would have to go to the emergency room but I didn't because what if you are too far to make to an emergency room?  What is you are on a plane or at camp?  That's why she has an Epi-Pen.  But even that doesn't guarantee she will live.  When a child who is allergic to peanuts or tree nuts eats a food that the body considers toxic, the child's throat will start to close and an Epi-Pen will have to be administered within 8 minutes to save the child's life.