Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My book came in today!!

I can't stop looking at it.  It is stunning!  It is beautiful!  I am looking at the first hard copy of my book "I spy a dragonfly".  It is more eye-catching than I could have ever imagined.  And it's all because of Diana Evans!!!  She is such a talented artist, who details in this book through her talent, all the beauty that nature has to offer with the vivid colors she chose for this book.  She also did the cover which is so breath-taking!


Amanda was with me.  So we pull into the neighborhood - me still shaking - and Amanda says she wants to stop and get the mail.  I did not want to.  I wanted to get home and stay home, but it was a simple request on her part so I drove past our home down the street to the mailbox to let her get out to get the mail.   

And there is was in a priority mail envelope that I will probably never throw away.....was my book!!!! I opened it and the sight of the book took my breath away!  Also at the mailbox I ran into a very good friend of mine whom I hadn't talked to in awhile.  She was the first to see my book and give me congratulations....but she bestowed a bigger blessing on me than she will ever know.
More on that later.  Right now I need to call Diana and tell her the news about the book!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! What a day for you....I am so happy that you got the book!!! especially today...it seems like you really needed it....

    I can't wait to see it!!!

    Hugs
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that book took your shakes away!! Congratulations, having a few friends who are authors I know the painstaking process of getting the book in hand....many hours, days and months of work and often some rejection!! Again Congratulations! Love the cover too!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Carla! I converse often with Diana, and I am excited to see the book too! She is a very talented artist and the sweetest person ever. You picked your artist well!
    I will be sure to purchase your book, and post it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete