Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Clinical Trials for Peanut Allergies

There has been so much in the news lately regarding clinical trials to desensitize children to peanuts.  You can read more about that here.  It is exciting to think about now that I've read more about it.  I casually mentioned these clinical trials going on to Amanda earlier in the week.  She told me no she wouldn't be interested because she has experienced anaphylactic shock after having accidentally eaten a trace amount of peanuts a couple of times.  Her last reaction was when she was 8 and it is something she will never forget.  And neither will I, because I was with her.  She came very, very close to dying.  I'll write more about that in my next post.  For now, the point is that Amanda has done a complete turn around and is now interested in doing a clinical trial!  Now the challenge is to find one!

My fellow blogger, Melanie has a daughter who is participating in a clinical trial.  You can read her story on her blog at http://www.clinicalpeanuttrial.blogspot.com







1 comment:

  1. Good luck Carla! I hope something will work out with that study in TX. Keep me posted!

    Melanie
    www.peanutclinicaltrial.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete