Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Children's Book is Finished...

I have the most amazing illustrator. Her name is Diana Evans. She is talented, beautiful and her heart is full of love that comes out in her art. She illustrated my first book I Spy a Dragonfly which is the most beautifully illustrated book ever! The kids love it!!! The adults even love it -which says a lot!! Please feel free to pop by her website and say Hi.

She illustrated the next book I wrote called My name may be Peanuts, but I say Naaayyy to PB& J. It is about a little girl living with peanut and tree nut allergies and the challenges she has, but that she is just like any other kid - she just have to make sure her food is "safe".

The book is so cute and the illustrations are captivating! She will hopefully remain "my illustrator" for a long time to come as I have a few more children's book idea's up my sleeve!

Right now we are deciding whether to self publish this book or to hold out for a tradtitonal publisher. We've heard feedback from both camps. What are your thoughts? If you'd like to see an excerpt of our latest book, just ask and I'll send you a page or two in a PDF file. I promise you'll love it if you have small children - and you'll especially love it if you have a child allergic to peanuts or tree nuts.

3 comments:

  1. Hi -- found your blog via Rachelle's blog party! :-) My apologies if you've seen this already, but I wanted to post it just in case you hadn't.

    http://www.baltimoresun.com/health/bal-to.hs.allergy15jun15,0,3384924.story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I would love to see an excerpt from your book. My two and a half year old son has multiple, severe food allergies (including peanuts). I started a website www.spewdfree.com to help others who suffer from food allergies. SPEWD Free has allergy friendly recipes (all peanut free) a blog and more!
    Thanks,

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness...how sweet of you!!! I am so grateful we met and so happy to work on projects with you...you are wonderful Carla!!!

    Hugs
    Diana

    ReplyDelete